close x

How enforcement works

After you contact us we will investigate whether a breach of planning control has taken place.

We will work with the ‘offender’ to see if the development/use can be stopped or if there is a possibility that planning permission might be granted.

Where there is insufficient evidence or no breach is found we will let you know that no action will be taken.

Where a breach has occurred, we will gather enough evidence to be satisfied that formal action is justified.

Finally, we will decide whether it is appropriate to take formal enforcement action based on government and local policy.

More New Forest Enforcement: report a breach

In this section you can find out what a planning breach is and learn about enforcement.

Newsletter Image





Six free walking routes when you sign up for New Forest Newsletter